About the project
The Slave Ship – An Interpretation
Artist – Nial W. Adams – 2014
Medium – Oil on Canvas
Size – 30″ x 20″ Landscape
Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and dive in. Copying, or rather interpreting a painting as famous as The Slave Ship by J.M.W.Turner is something I felt quite nervous about. And this is very much my interpretation, not a copy.
Copying the techniques of Old Masters is a well-worn method for improving the technical skills of fine art painting. And rather than frowned upon, it is encouraged as part of the study of art.
For me, there is no greater artist than Turner. So it was an obvious choice for me to test my hand, and nerve in creating this interpretation.
This piece is not for sale. However, it is available as both paper and stretched canvas prints.
The painting is offered (as Limited Edition Prints only) unframed. Framing options can be arranged depending upon your tastes and desires
For Sale –
Original Oil Painting – Not For Sale
Limited Edition Print Options (Total Editions – 100)
- Fine Art Print – Museum-grade, thick, textured, heavyweight paper, with mount
- Canvas Print – Single Panel Stretched Canvas, Box-Framed Canvas, Rolled Canvas Print
- Hand-Finished Prints (1-10 Editions Only) – Finished By The Artist with Sennelier Pastels
Print Prices – various sizes, options and prices, starting at £100 – Hand-finished prints priced individually
NB. All Limited Edition Prints are produced to order and your specific requirements – please allow up to 28 days
Please Request Information by sending us your enquiry and/or to reserve a Limited Edition Print of this artwork – or call 01603 755 480.
Buying This Artwork –
If you are interested in purchasing this artwork here are some things you will want to know.
- Original Oil Paintings are offered direct from the Studio (this means you do not pay any gallery premium)
- If available, you can request to reserve this original artwork. This secures it for 14 days without payment
- Once your order is confirmed payment will be requested, then when completed the artwork will be dispatched
- Prices shown do not include framing or delivery costs. There are various framing options, or you can frame yourself
- Packing and delivery costs are based on the finished artwork, for example, framed paintings cost more to pack and send
- Paintings can be collected from the studio on appointment, and personal delivery can also be arranged
- Complete Confidence – all artworks from Big Norfolk Skies carry a 14-Day-Full-Satisfaction-Guarantee – see Terms & Conditions
Copyright Notices –
This artwork is the original copyright of the artist, Nial Adams, 2015. This image is protected and subject to the Big Norfolk Skies Terms & Conditions.